Tuesday, March 5, 2019

"You Say Witch Like It's a Bad Thing"

Hey y’all! Today in class, Kaylin and I started planning out the sequence of events in our film opening. Initially, we said we were going to do that individually over the weekend, then come together and share our ideas in class, but that didn’t happen. So instead, we did it together in class.

We changed a few things we had originally planned. Rather than starting off abruptly, with the woman frantically asking random people if they have seen her boyfriend, I thought of having it start with her putting up missing posters of her boyfriend. I feel like if we wanted to start chaotic, it wouldn't really match the rest of the vibe/feeling delivered in the rest of the opening.

As we were planning the sequence of events, Kaylin and I officially figured out that we are going to have a shoe box at the woman’s doorstep, and it’s going to contain items such as multi colored liquids, leather bound spell-book, sage, lighter, crystals (many of these items Kaylin and my friends already have). In the spell-book, we are going to have a paper sticking out (parchment paper to show it has aged) with Latin writing written on it, from here, the woman starts researching it and starts messing with the spells and potions.

My next blog is probably going to explore some shots/movements I want to incorporate into the film opening, and a few other things!

Signing off,
happy witching hour!


No comments:

Post a Comment

SHE'S FINALLY HERE!

MY VERY LAST BLOGPOST! It's been so fun and SUPER stressful doing this project, but I appreciate that I was given this opportunity to ...