Sunday, March 3, 2019

The Summoning of Diana Spellman!

Hey y’all! Today, I did some brief research on witch related conventions and seances!

Since Kaylin and I are planning to incorporate a seance/summoning in our opening, I looked into how seances are usually portrayed in films and TV shows and I immediately thought of a scene from one of my favorite Netflix originals, The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. In this scene, Sabrina and fellow witches are trying to summon Sabrina’s dead mother in order to get certain information from her (I’m not going to explain what because it’s sort of a long story and not exactly relevant). During the seance, they placed candles around a dark room and used a personalized item of the person they are trying to summon (her mother’s wedding dress). In our opening, we plan on having a woman trying to contact her missing/presumed dead husband, so based on typical conventions of seances/summonings, we’re going to make the setting for this particular scene in a dark place (a garage, or any room with the lights out) and have the woman use a personalized item or photo of her boyfriend with candles surrounding her.

I highly recommend this show by the way! There’s a lot of dark themes relating to Satanism and the supernatural, it’s very intriguing.

Unfortunately, I have not gotten any news back about any potential actors to play the girlfriend. Someone better pull through... I'll keep y'all updated.

Signing off,
happy witching hour!



No comments:

Post a Comment

SHE'S FINALLY HERE!

MY VERY LAST BLOGPOST! It's been so fun and SUPER stressful doing this project, but I appreciate that I was given this opportunity to ...