Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Shots and Such

Hey y’all! Yesterday, Kaylin and I planned to make a list of the shots we want to use on our own, and next class we’re going to compare each others ideas and build off from there. I’ve already made a list of shots we can use, but I didn’t finish the list because I procrastinated and don’t have time to finish it because I have to study for AP gov. But, I’d say I have a pretty solid list and several cool shots we can include!

So, I was thinking the first shot should be a POV (a close-up) shot of the girlfriend stapling missing posters of the boyfriend (me, apparently), so right off the bat you know the main conflict.  I’m not going to list every shot I came up with because it isn’t necessary; I’ll show that in the storyboard once Kaylin and I confirm the shots/movements we’re using. Although, I did think of a really cool shot (maybe not that cool) we can use: an overhead shot, above the woman, as she opens the box she found at her doorstep, to show it in its entirety. I’ll discuss more shots/angles and such once we share our ideas tomorrow.

Anyway, Kaylin and I had a little disagreement on how we want to end the film opening. She wants to end it with the girlfriend mixing potions (created by following instructions in the book/note) but I WANT to end it with the girl preparing a seance. I know it’s going to be a bit difficult, we’d have to take lighting into big consideration due to it’s dark setting, but I think it could be done! I feel as if the seance is a major part of how I envisioned this opening, and without it, it wouldn’t reach its full potential. Tomorrow we’re starting our storyboard so we’ll see how this goes.

Happy witching hour!

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina season 2 comes out April 5th I'm so
exciteddddd

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHE'S FINALLY HERE!

MY VERY LAST BLOGPOST! It's been so fun and SUPER stressful doing this project, but I appreciate that I was given this opportunity to ...