Sunday, March 17, 2019

Kaylin broke her keys

HEY Y’ALL! Time to further discuss our first day filming!

We changed things up a bit from what we initially drew on the storyboard. Instead of having the girl frantically handing out missing posters, we had her put them on the windshields of random cars in the parking lot. This was because we realized the hassle of having to ask random people at Town Center at 11am if they can be in our film for school... we took the easy way, but it still looks good! Since we adjusted the events a bit, we had to think of other shots to use. We used 2 track shots within the first scene, but I was hesitant to do so because of the repetition but Kaylin told me that it'd actually reinforce the importance of what is being conveyed (the girl's boyfriend/friend is missing and she obviously cares since she's putting up so many missing posters), so I'm hoping that when we start editing, it'd turn out good.

To show a transition from Town Center to the girl’s house, we filmed her getting into her car and backing out of the parking spot. Since Alexia (our actress) doesn’t have a car, we used Kaylin’s moms car, but Alexia wasn’t totally sure how to put a key into the ignition and this SOMEHOW happened...
Kaylin fixed it it's okay (I think)
Other than that, I feel like our first day filming was successful! It was also really fun! I can't wait to film the rest of it within the next few weeks.

Happy Witching Hour! 
Alexia and I communicating to Kaylin on how we want to cue the scene

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHE'S FINALLY HERE!

MY VERY LAST BLOGPOST! It's been so fun and SUPER stressful doing this project, but I appreciate that I was given this opportunity to ...