Wednesday, February 27, 2019

The Witches Are Coming!

Hey y'all! For some reason, the past few days I've had the weird urge to incorporate witches in our portfolio project. When I told Kaylin this, she pitched me an idea, getting inspiration from the film, Carrie, and came up with a plot! She proposed that a girl (or boy) is getting bullied in school and one day finds a book of spells in some foreign language. They eventually do their research and start using "magic" to get revenge on the kids that bullied them.

Although I really liked her idea, I still very much want to do mystery/crime. AND THEN IT HIT ME! I was laying in bed brainstorming ideas and I thought of a way to mash both mystery and the witchy stuff (which probably falls under the horror and/or some sort of dark fiction). I thought maybe we could have a woman's husband go missing and have the wife start to go a bit coo-coo. But, the thing is, the wife has had a family lineage of witches and she has been suppressing her witch powers her entire life, that is, until her husband goes missing and she resorts to witchcraft to summon him. I immediately texted Kaylin this idea before I forgot it (because I literally have the worst memory) and she liked it, but adjusted the story a little. Instead, she suggested to have the wife receive a package at her doorstep that contains a box of witch supplies/materials in order to find her husband, rather than having her been a witch her entire life. I actually liked that idea better so I'm all for it! 

I think this film opening idea is pretty solid idea, but I'm definitely going to have to do more research on witchcraft supplies and how witches are portrayed in films. After a brief encounter with Mrs. Stoklosa, Kaylin and I really need to understand the importance of mise-en-scene if were going to pull through with this idea. My best friend, Carly, has spell-books, crystals and some witchy-stuff we can definitely use for this, but I know we're going to have to purchase more stuff on our own. 

That's it for today,
happy witching hour!

One of my favorites <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHE'S FINALLY HERE!

MY VERY LAST BLOGPOST! It's been so fun and SUPER stressful doing this project, but I appreciate that I was given this opportunity to ...