Monday, February 25, 2019

Some Progress!

Hey y'all! Today was the first time Kaylin and I just sat down and pitched our ideas to each other. I told her how I really wanted to take a darker turn with the film, like crime/mystery and she was all for it! I came up with an idea for crime/mystery, so if we chose to do that genre, I know a few ways we could execute it.

Like I said in my last post, I want to do an open mystery, BUT after thinking about it more, I think I prefer closed mystery; so that way, it’s more suspenseful and wanting the audience to come crawling back for more.

I was thinking we'd start off the film with an investigator following an accused murderer to a restaurant. We could possibly create a newspaper article about a girl going missing, to infer that the investigator is investing that particular crime. (DISCLAIMER: this first scene would not reveal the identity of the characters, including many close-ups and to stir curiosity) In the restaurant, the accused murderer eventually begins to suspect that he is being watched, so he walks out of the restaurant, and as the investigator follows and leaves out the same door the accused murdered left from, he would be nowhere in sight. Right after this would be great placement for the title of the film, then a cut the next scene where it  portrays the accused murderer first meeting the girl who went missing in the newspapers (so sort of like a flashback, but that’d be the starting point of the movie).

Even though we are just creating a film opening, I want to incorporate some sort of red herrings, to imply that POSSIBLY the accused murderer didn’t actually murder the girl. Many films use this sort of strategy of giving clues that are almost misleading, made for the purpose of throwing you off and not knowing who the guilty person is. Like in The Silence of the Lambs, there are many red herrings and you do not find out who Buffalo Bill is until the end of the film.
I don't even watch The Office but I know some will appreciate this
PS: I work at Lucille’s and my manager would like… 99% let us film before they open and/or after we close. BUT I don’t want to rely on that and have those plans and expectations fall through! Which is why we’d need to plan accordingly and very thoroughly.

Signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHE'S FINALLY HERE!

MY VERY LAST BLOGPOST! It's been so fun and SUPER stressful doing this project, but I appreciate that I was given this opportunity to ...