Sunday, February 24, 2019

Decisions! Decisions! Decisions!

Yes, I did say that I  wanted to do a mystery/crime genre, but my partner, Kaylin, and I haven't really agreed on anything yet. So, I’ve decided to consider another genre in addition to mystery/crime for more selection, coming of age!

I want our film to appeal to a younger audience and I feel as if a Coming of Age genre is very relatable to teenagers and/or young adults, considering it’s main theme is the protagonist transitioning from adolescence to adulthood. I did one of my first blog posts on the coming of age genre because it’s a genre I’m truly interested. Since I already researched this genre in my previous blog post, I’m not going to go too far into depth with it again. One thing I DEFINITELY want to avoid if we do decide to do a coming of age film opening would be using a voiceover. I feel that voiceovers are too basic and lazy to incorporate into this project, I’d rather do something different and something that will stand out more.

Mystery/crime films mostly focus on the detective/person trying to solve the crime through a series of clues and puzzles they encounter along the way. These clues and puzzles allow the audience members, as well as the characters, to piece together the crime; which ultimately makes the film more engaging. There are a few sub-genres of mystery I found on this website, but the two that I want to mention are “Closed Mystery” and “Open Mystery”. Closed mystery is when you do not discover who has committed the crime until the very end of the film, while open mystery is the exact opposite, where you know who commits the crime right at the beginning.

Since we are only creating the opening for the film, doing an open mystery would be the better option because it won’t leave the viewers completely clueless as to who committed the act.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHE'S FINALLY HERE!

MY VERY LAST BLOGPOST! It's been so fun and SUPER stressful doing this project, but I appreciate that I was given this opportunity to ...