Friday, February 22, 2019

And So It Begins!

After all the preparation since we first stepped foot into Mrs. Stoklosa’s room in August has led up to these next 6 weeks! Time really did fly by fast and I’m genuinely excited to do this portfolio project.I already had a lot of knowledge about media conventions/techniques prior to this class because I took film and TV production the past two years but this portfolio project is much more complex than the projects assigned in those classes.

Given two minutes, we have to create a film opening that not only tells a story, but tells it to the audience in a way that doesn’t give it all at once. To make the audience want to continue watching, it has to be engaging and captivating. Which is why my partner and I plan on utilizing the unifying theory of 2+2 (proposed by Andrew Stanton via Ted Talk), we aren’t going to spoon feed the audience with our story, but rather make them think and ponder. And the great thing about that is that I literally cannot stop thinking about wanting to do a mystery/crime film for our film opening. I think that sort of genre is perfect for using the unifying theory of 2+2, since mystery genres typically engages the audience in solving the primary crime/problem portrayed in the film.

Although I am excited to do this project, I’m also a bit nervous! Most projects given to me throughout my entire school career have been assigned with set instructions, with a specific way to do it, but now I have so much creative freedom, it’s sort of overwhelming! It’s great that I have all this freedom to create what I want but it’s going to be harder than I expected. But, I’m going to try to have a positive outlook on this and take advantage of this rare opportunity. I’m hoping I can execute the ideas I'll have well and successfully!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHE'S FINALLY HERE!

MY VERY LAST BLOGPOST! It's been so fun and SUPER stressful doing this project, but I appreciate that I was given this opportunity to ...